Things Everyone Should Know


If your property is on a state maintained body of water there are some limitations to how much we can remove. 

State maintained water bodies in Highlands County:

Per the FWC, “Permits are not required for waterfront owners seeking to remove non-woody vegetation and shrub species from fresh waterbodies by mechanical means along 50 feet or 50% of the shoreline (whichever is less).” 

To remove a larger area of invasive vegetation the property owner will first need to apply for an Aquatic Plant Management Permit. Keep in mind, permit processing can take up to 90 days. 

Aquatic Plant Management Permit: